Sunday, April 1

Mushroom and shredded chicken focaccia

I'm not big on bread, but lately the craving hit me big time. Not just for any bread, but artisan bread.
While out shopping for groceries today, I popped into the bakery and imagine my joy when I saw focaccia on display on the shelves! So focaccia for dinner it was.

I love fast meals, especially ones that can be prepared, assembled and ready to be eaten within 10 minutes. Okay I admit I cheated a little because I bought ready-baked bread from the bakery and a quarter roasted chicken from the deli. But I'd do anything for a fast preparation so that I can camp myself in front of the tv to watch the Voice!
Ingredients: 
1 serving of focaccia, toasted
Olive oil
Half cup thinly sliced brown mushroom
2 small red onions, sliced
1 small tomato, sliced
1 slice cheddar cheese
A dash of Italian herbs
Salt and pepper to taste
A quarter roasted chicken, de-boned and the meat thinly shredded
Homemade teriyaki sauce

Directions:
1. Warm the olive oil in a pan. Sautee the onions and mushroom until fragrant, add a dash of Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
2. Toast the focaccia bread. Place the cheese on top of the warm bread, layer sandwich with sauteed mixture, shredded chicken, tomatoes and onions. Drizzle with teriyaki sauce (homemade with soy sauce and honey).

No comments:

Post a Comment