Monday, September 10

Snow White and her men (The dwarfs, not the huntsman!)

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go!

This song was playing in my head the whole time I worked on my weekend project. The order this time around was for a Snow White and the 7 dwarfs theme on 26 chocolate cupcakes. Celine, who turns 8 today, is short for her age so her mother nicknames her "", meaning little dwarf or something along that line. And that is how we ended up on this theme.

I surprised myself with my little men because of their cuteness overdose. From Dopey with his big ears, to Sneezy with his red nose, to Sleepy who was nodding off and looks like he's almost falling off from the cupcake, to my Grumpy who seems like he's sulking in a corner by himself, to Bashful who just looks so shy, to Doc with his signature glasses (although I have to say that he looks a little like Smee in Peter Pan), and lastly Happy who just looks happy. My signature princess needs to take a back seat this time around because she's been overshadowed by her merry men. Snow White looks rather tubby because she's been having too many apples. You'll see why in the last picture way at the bottom of the page.

I had a tremendously fun time making my little sugar figurines and better still, I had family chip in to help out - not because I can't get the work done by myself, but it's always fun to have company when one works.
I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
Snow White with the 7 dwarfs, and the infamous red apple. My sister gave me that brilliant idea (on the apple, that is). I was originally just going to create animals.
Yes animals. In the cartoon, you know in that forest scene where Snow White and Prince Charming live happily ever after and all that, they're surrounded by a bevy of deer, birds and rabbits? Well if you don't know, it's best you watch the Disney cartoon again. :)

The birdies in the cartoon are purple, red and yellow. I got my colours wrong but hey at least I got my animals right.
And then there are my bambis, but lots of people tell me they look like wolves or foxes. Oh well! :p
This picture was the basis of my theme. See what I mean by the animals? Poor rabbits had to be substituted with red apples. And Prince Charming and his lovely castle, as well as everyone's most disliked character the witch (I figured no kid would be interested in the old hag) had to be left out. If my customer had ordered more cakes, I would have added some mushroom and flowers too. I'm OCD, I know, but that's the trait of a perfectionist. :)
And finally the complete theme; for little Celine who turns 8. I hope she becomes the envy of all her friends. :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and so cute. I love that you included the apple, deer and birds too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the compliment, Charmaine! :)

    ReplyDelete