Monday, September 17

Guacamole Dip

I have a holiday today, so as usual when I am lazing around at home, I tend to think of food. Since I still had a packet of Chachos sitting around in the kitchen, I thought I'd make a quick guacamole dip that we could have for a healthy tea-time snack. It's so easy, it only takes all of 15 minutes to prepare (but of course my food presentation could use some improvement :p).
I don't have a specific recipe for this dip, I pretty much just use what I have available.

Ingredients:
2 ripe avocados, mashed up
1 tomato, finely diced
1 small onion, finely diced
1 pip of garlic, finely chopped
Freshly squeezed lime juice (this keeps the avocado from oxidizing), the amount varies according to taste, but usually it's about 2 Tbsp or so.
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp olive oil
Fresh basil, chopped (optional)
1 Tbsp sour cream (optional)
Jalapeno or cilantro, chopped (optional)

Directions: 
1. Mix everything up and stir till everything is blended.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Chuck in the refrigerator for a while for the flavors to blend. Serve with chips.  

No comments:

Post a Comment