Friday, June 1

Konnyaku jelly

I love a good jelly, especially on a hot day. Lately I've been having a konnyaku craze phase so good thing that there's a BBQ party coming up tomorrow night. I volunteered to bring konnyaku over.

And me being me, I had to scour the internet for konnyaku ideas and that is how I came across this recipe by the Blessed Homemaker. I love how Tesco is just a short drive away for me, so off I went to buy konnyaku powder. Tried out the preserved sour plum konnyaku jelly last night and it turned out so good. I'd have liked the sweet and sour tastes to be stronger though.
Ingredients:
8 preserved sour plums
250ml water
1 packet konnyaku jelly powder (10g)
3.5oz sugar
800ml water

Directions: 
1. Boil 250ml water and add in the preserved sour plums. Leave to stand for at least an hour then remove seeds of the sour plums.
2. In a small bowl, mix the konnyaku powder and sugar together.
3. Boil 800ml water in another pot and pour in the konnyaku mixture. Keep stirring until sugar has dissolved. 
4. Add in the sour plum mixture and stir well. Scoop into moulds and leave to cool. Chill in fridge.  

However in the end, I played safe and made another batch of  lychee flavoured ones instead. Not everyone will be so adventurous. :p

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link back. You may add more sour plum if you'll like the taste to be stronger.

    ReplyDelete