Sunday, August 19

Teddy Bear Birthday

I come from a huge family, where I have so many extended family scattered everywhere that I don't even know some of them. Thankfully there's Facebook, which helps me reconnect with my family members. It is thanks to Facebook where my niece Jasmine saw that I made pretty cakes, and asked if I would make a cake for her mother. All she wanted was a teddy bear figurine.

I baked a carrot cake this time around (not the best kind of cake to use when working with fondant because cream cheese melts under fondant), covered with pink fondant and topped with a teddy bear sitting in a field of many flowers. One thing to do in the near future is possibly more practice on handcrafted 3D flowers instead of using plungers to cut out the shapes, and maybe I should explore the usage of starbursts in my designs. :)
Here's my teddy bear cake today with my not-very-sophisticated-looking flowers.

2 comments: