Sunday, August 5

My Alice in Wonderland

This weekend I created one of my most elaborate sugar works ever and I'm so crazy pleased with the results. It's like this: I've always wanted to decorate a cake like this but never had the opportunity to do so. Most people prefer cupcakes. So when CL asked if I'd bake her a cake for her baby's 1st birthday, I said yes! And when she said that she wanted an Alice (in Wonderland) for the cake topper, I was so up to the challenge.

CL's requirements was simple: orange butter cake with buttercream icing, pastel colours, and an Alice.
Here's what I came up with.
I don't mean to blow my own trumpet but I am so pleased with my details. From Alice's hair to her clothes and shoes, to Dinah the kitten. Yea, as everyone wonders why the cat has no stripes, I have to clarify that that's not the Cheshire Cat at all. If one watches the cartoon, there is a scene in the beginning where Alice plays with her kitten just before she drifts off to sleep and dreams that she's in Wonderland. So there. I do know my cartoons! :p
And this is my inspiration. Not exactly identical but (if I may just repeat again), I'm so pleased with my creation! :D I can't wait to get my next cake order!

No comments:

Post a Comment