Thursday, July 12

Cupcake season

I tell my customers that my cupcakes are seasonal.
Seasonal, in the sense that it depends on my mood. And for now it seems like my groove is back on again.

I baked these Disney-themed cuppies last week for a little birthday party. My customer gave me the freedom to create whatever characters I wanted, so I came up with Mickeys and Minnies, Donalds and Daisies topping chocolate cupcakes. She also wanted two princesses (it seems like my princesses are a recurrent demand this season).
This week, I had another order of cupcakes for a kiddy birthday party. Another free hand to create my fondant. Glee! :)
I made a variety of designs consisting of HAPPY BDAY cut-outs with 2-dimensional bears, red and baby blue teddy bears, daisies, and of course my highly-wanted princesses. Try guessing which character each princess represents?
And here's the full picture. I should have themed my cakes as the Disney princesses (remember those kick-ass princesses from Shrek?) meets Goldilock's (many) bears. :p
Can't wait to see what I'm able to create for my next order next month! I'm hoping to surprise myself too.

No comments:

Post a Comment